OpenVAS Layout for OIDs
Note: The support of the OID scheme was introduced in OpenVAS 2.0. To stay compatible with OpenVAS 1.0 installations, it is recommended to apply the old ID scheme as described below.
Note also: The refinements of the OID scheme are still in progress. Please contact the OpenVAS development team for questions and especially in case you like to apply OIDs.
188.8.131.52.4.1.25623 (iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprise.OpenVAS): Base OID | +--.1 (.NVT): OpenVAS Network Vulnerability Tests | | | +--.0 (.Legacy): Legacy method to incorporate old IDs into new OID layout | | | | | +--.NNNN: old ID as defined via script_id() | | | +--.1 (.Contrib): NVTs contributed by third parties | | | | | +--.1 (Contributor 1) | | | | | | | +--.NNNN (enumeration under responsibility of contributor) | | | | | +--... (next contributors) | | | +--.2 (.lib): Supporting scripts, usually suffixed .inc and proving some API | | | | | +--... | | | +--.3 (.DSA-LVT): Family of Local Vulnerability Checks for Debian Security Alerts | | | | | +--1157.1: Implementation for DSA 1157, Version 1 of the script (example) | | | +--... (next families) | +--.2 (.OVAL): OVAL scripts | +--... (other things of OpenVAS project that need a unique ID)
Layout for old Nessus-style ID
The old IDs are integer values. They are assigned via the NASL command script_id(). Starting from openvas-server 2.0.0, OpenVAS uses OIDs exclusively and the script_id() command will automatically set the correct legacy OID by applying the prefix 184.108.40.206.4.1.25623.1.0. to any ID.
- 1NNNN: Scripts inherited from Nessus
- 2NNNN: Scripts inherited from Nessus
- 3NNNN: Not assigned yet.
- 4NNNN: Not assigned yet.
- 5NNNN: Contributions by SecuritySpace
- 6NNNN: Contributions by SecuritySpace
- 7NNNN: Contributions by SecuritySpace
- 8NNNN: Contributions by Vlatko Kosturjak (kost)
- 9NNNN: Contributions by Greenbone Networks
- 100NNN: Contributions by Greenbone Networks
- 101NNN: Contributions by Christian Eric Edjenguele
- 102NNN: Contributions by Laboratory for Systems and Signals, University of Zagreb
- 103NNN: Contributions by Greenbone Networks
- 104NNN: Contributions by Greenbone Networks
- 105NNN: Contributions by Greenbone Networks
- 110NNN: Contributions by NopSec
- 20NNNN: Contributions by Ferdy Riphagen
- 70NNNN: Contributions by Greenbone Networks
- 8NNNNN: Contributions by Greenbone Networks
- 90NNNN: Contributions by SecPod
- 102NNNN: AlienVault